Friday, February 8, 2008

Do You Drink Your Greens?

The purpose of my blog is to share with those interested in fitness, losing weight and health. And because there is so much BS out there I want to rat those rats out.

This product isn't necessarily bad. It just tastes bad! However, the bottle said 'Great Taste.' Compared to what? Sewer water with scum in it? Blech!!!

I purchased Renew! Liquid Greens. The Perfect Cleansing Companion. From RenewLife.

It was green all right but the taste was so hard to get past I dreaded taking my shot of it every morning. I'm too frugal to waste it because I do believe that the product is good for me. But it's not making it onto my 'let's do again' list.

Thirty servings. I did this for a month. Well, I could be cheating because 1) I used a Tequila shot glass each morning and that tends to be a tad bigger than a true ounce. And 2) now that I have the bottle up here with me in my office, there might be one semi-serving left. Left being the operable word. Uhhhmmm.....

Great ingredients: spirulina, wheat grass, barley grass, chorella, kelp, spinach, green tea extract, alfalfa, aloe leaf, olive leaf, broccoli, tomato, carrot, brussel sprouts and onion. You'd think it was a liquid salad. But it also had some orange and passion extract too. Too bad it didn't help with the taste.

It was worth a shot (30 of them to be exact) and I am sure my body got lots of good out of it. Just not worth punishing my tongue in the process. I have had much better greens than this. And I plan to go back to them.

Other renewlife.com products have been wonderful and I wholeheartedly endorse them. Just not this one. You can order their products from their website or from the Vitamin Shoppe, where I picked this one up.

Rating: it had all the right stuff and all the good things for my body but too much of a dread factor to keep with it.

I'm cheerfully looking forward to the next try.

Take care,
Kimberly

2 comments:

Thimsic said...

I tried one of those greeny products one time and if I'm lying, I'm dying, it tasted just like cigarette ashes.

What about making a vegetable drink mix in a blender. I wonder if you'd get most of those same vitamins from that kind of drink?

www.smallstepdiet.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

I think if you blended it with some juice it would take a lot of the 'blech' out of it. But it doesn't for all green mixes. I have Vitamin Shoppe's flavored mixes and they are actually really good. And their price is reasonable.